Friday 4 January 2013

MY WISH FOR THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL ATMOSPHERE IN 2013...And A Short Note To El-rufai And Others

#MY POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE#
Many who know me would have observed that I have been unusually silent about the Nigerian political atmospheric events lately. Well, as true as it is, but I have actually been abreast of issues as they continue to unfold, however, I chose to do the work of my Father above all else...that is where the urgency lies. Nevertheless, I let out in few words from the abundance of my heart what is my wish for the political atmosphere of our great and blessed country for 2013.
It is touching and equally saddening that just few days into the new year, the gun-lurking and blood-thirsty evil men who have carved the ‘gun men’ identity for themselves have already gone berserk as they have unrepentantly continued to carry out their evil mandate of bloodshed, killing innocent and unharmed people they perceived in their erratic and compromised opinion as enemies. We will never cease to pray for peace in our land.
I am encouraged at the ability of the Police Force to unravel the evil hands and mastermind brains behind the serial killings of government law makers that had rocked Kano. At last we got another confirmation that they were not Boko Haram orchestrated, rather politically motivated. It is my wish in 2013 that the other hitherto unknown faces who hide under the auspices of Boko Haram to perpetrate evil will be exposed. At least, we shall perhaps be able to know the real Boko.
I wish in 2013 that the loquacious “destructive” critics of the incumbent government will (not necessarily quit their self-adopted jobs), but perhaps in the interest of Nigerians whose interest they claim to be canvassing for, be more involved in the government as it were. Oppositions are not necessarily enemies of government, but in Nigeria, the definition of the opposition is that of ‘someone whose hands is temporarily not accessible to the nation’s oil purse’ which the incumbent loot at will anyway. And I hope “my uncle” and boss, Mallam El-rufai and his retinue of “unhelpful” oppositions will have a change too this year. I wish.
Talking about El-rufai, I won’t be surprised if he does not like me and I think I should know why. I am sure if he thinks deeply well and perhaps remembers, he would know what I am talking about. Once I had written on a platform where I referred to him as an intellectual noisemaker for always faulting the government and never helping with constructive intellectual input via appropriate and available channels, if not for the incumbent opposition government, atleast for the sake of the masses whose cause he claims to be championing. (You can still google and find that link should you be interested). Of course, I had mentioned on a few persons too, so.  
Agreed and accepted 100%, I do not have his political pedigree (I am nobody), and neither do I intend to compete or compare myself with his academically achieved and politically attained class...But I also know that the man himself who specializes and derives pleasure from being destructively critical of the incumbent opposition government, he is equally not a good flair player. You cannot conceal your true identity in the face of confronting criticism. We read El-rufai’s tweets and we see how he reacts in the face of criticisms from younger generation of Nigerians. Besides, he only shows on Facebook the tweets that boost his repute. I will send him a copy of this article anyway...of course he will never publish it on any of his social outreach media, but who cares. (But I will definitely copy my friend and boss, Sam Nda-Isaiah, the Publisher of Leadership Newspaper, and hopefully like he did in the past, he would allow this see the light of online publication on his page.
Not that I am a particular fan of this incumbent government; I neither supported nor voted for him...but as concerned patriots (with almost equal access to social media like others), we hit the nail on the head. When the man does well, we give him thumbs up and continue to pray for him. Where he does badly, we call his attention to it through whichever avenue available to us. For those who know my stand on political issues, I do the truth without seeking the favour or recognition of anyone. When Sanusi Lamido Sanusi went off track, we tracked him into order. When Dame Patience Jonathan seemed to have “absconded” from office, we spoke out and ultimately wished her well. Even my continued presidential choice man, Gen. Buhari, whenever I find his stand ambiguous or compromising, I won’t hesitate to voice out. And he still remains my choice for the President of Nigeria should we for once bury sentiments and crave development borne on dedication and integrity. This is all in spirit of fair play and the peace and prosperity of Nigeria. Nigeria is bigger than individuals.
In this New Year, I advise President Jonathan to forget the 2015 idea and concentrate on betterment of the economic and social wellbeing of Nigeria. Let his media aides learn to handle the presidency’s publicity with more wisdom and intelligence or he should bring in more competent hands. Mr. President should be aggressively committed to fighting corruption with zero tolerance. I think I support his eagerness to break lose from the claws of political godfatherism and be free from the political yoke of leaders past. Former President Obasanjo should “occupy” his Ota Farms in Abeokuta and please allow we Nigerians to elect our leaders, while praying God to chose for us. May the burdens of political (and corrupt) godfatherism in Nigeria by broken!!!
I wish for our judiciary to uphold dignity and honour and be just and fair with unreserved equity in a polarised nation like ours. I also wish the law makers promote people-oriented bills and pass laws in the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians, and not those selfishly motivated laws that will enrich them, their families and political empire.
I wish to observe that it is not wrong for the government to call for prayers for the sustainability of Nigeria, but also the government should realise that faith goes with work, and faith without work is dead. So while we continue to pray, the government must and should continue to work; provide jobs for the teeming unemployed youthful population, provide security and enhance the overall social wellbeing of Nigerians.
I pray and wish that the 36 State Governors will grant more autonomy to their Local Governments with regards to funds availability and utilisation. And to the State Government owing its workers salaries of up to 5months, please I beg you by God’s mercies, pay the innocent their salaries. The labourer is worthy of his reward...please, pay workers’ wages.
We pray that the waves of terrorism, the winds of kidnapping, the menace of corruption (the 3 evils of this dispensation) will be swallowed up in 2013. And may God preserve our leaders from calamities this year unlike they witnessed last year. But I quickly add, “IF” they repent, it shall be well with them. But if they remain wicked, the bible (Not I) says: “Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. Woe unto the wicked! It shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him” (Isaiah 3:10, 11). “But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God” (Ecclesiastes 8:13).
May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians. One love.

No comments:

Post a Comment