Thursday 3 January 2013

FUNNY BUT TRUE...THE WORD WORKS!

I picked a drop this morning as I attempted to make my transit easy having to go through the Ministry of Health before heading to work. We agreed his price and set out. When he was dropping me off at the hospital, I paid him and while he was counting my balance (change) I decided to quickly use the opportunity to (briefly) tell him about Christ. I gave him a gospel tract on Hell Fire, and starting telling him that Jesus is coming again, and (referring to the tract) that He does not want us to go to Hell. By this time the man had given me my balance. Then suddenly when He heard those words I said to him, he did something strange...the man told me to check one of the N100 notes he had given me (He gave me 3 of such and some N50 notes). I did not understand what he was saying initially, but he repeated that there was something wrong with one of the N100 notes, and I should give it back to him so that he can change it to two N50 notes. It was at that point I checked and found that one of the N100 notes was actually mutilated. Then he exchanged it and started thanking me. What was he thanking me for? Perhaps for sharing a message that brought personal conviction on the spot to him. It was not the first time I unknowingly received mutilated notes as balance from transporters, and I had decided not to spend one of such notes because it was very bad. The word of God in its usual power convicted yet another who perhaps had tried to part with the mutilated currency by giving it to me. On his own, he demanded for it back, changed it, and thanked me in addition. It was funny, but indeed the word works!

No comments:

Post a Comment