Sunday 16 September 2012

ENhance Your COURAGE; BE EN-COURAGED!

Many years ago, I used to imagine that leaders are supermen who do not need any support in their lives. I felt they are made of steel and do not bow to any pressure or break down under stress. I thought once you are a champion, then you have no troubles, no challenges and no trials. But eventually, I later realized that leaders and “champions” are not supermen, but ordinary men who dare extraordinary things; they are humans and they break down under pressure. And such is life. Life can be characterized by several Ups and DOWNs. I have written a lot about these and do not intend doing that here, but just felt led to drop in something for somebody.
In medicine, the ECG line is like an up and down zig-zag line, and anytime that line becomes straight, it shows the person is no more living. It is the up and down life that indicate life. The same way, when you sometimes face up and downs in your life’s journey, don’t be discouraged, it means you are making progress.
I personally coined out a life philosophy for myself. When I am hit by circumstances, I opt to ENCOURAGE myself or have someone close do that. I found out that the word ENCOURAGE is a combination of the words Enhanced and COURAGE. So, when we talk about ENCOURAGE, it does not mean you do not have courage, it just means you need an ENHANCEMENT of that COURAGE. This is the meaning of ENCOURAGE.
So, when David found himself in a serious situation and everyone was not on his side, he did not allow his remaining courage to die…he “ENCOURAGED himself in the Lord”; he Enhanced his COURAGE, and the victory came (1 Samuel 30:6)
Remember, you can be mighty but you certainly can not become the Almighty. So, when down times come, it does not mean you do not have courage, you just need to Enhance your little courage, and be ENCOURAGED.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment