Thursday 23 January 2014

DESPERATE SEARCH FOR DIVINE PRESENCE


1) I was in a public eatery with my wife to make purchases and as we were leaving someone I had never met before walked up and said to me: "Are you a pastor?" Me and my wife were drawn aback and looked at each other in surprise. Then we asked him how he knew that (he had only seen my wife before in the course of official processes), and the man said: "You look like a pastor". That day I was casually dressed on palm slippers, a trouser and shirt. It became clear that God's presence in a man's life is perceivable.
2) I walked into a PHCN office and a woman who works there came across me and said: "Good morning Pastor" as she tried to remember where we had met before. Then shortly after she recalled and said: "Oh, doctor"! It looks like when we carry God we 'smell' God more than we reflect careers or callings.
3) The other day I had a husband and a wife in my clinic and while I was doing something before getting back to talk to them, I heard the couple mutter to themselves these words: "He's a Christian". Divine presence is a stronger aroma than career power!
God, we need you more in our generation! More of your presence and unction in our lives, ministries, callings, careers, etc!! This should be the prayer of every impact-sensitive and Heaven-conscious believer.
I read how Smith Wigglesworth was inside a train and while stood to go wash his hands and return, suddenly a man by his side screamed: "You convict me of sin...who are you?" And before long others said the same thing and he led them to Jesus.
Charles Finney was in a factory looking at one of the machines when a factory worker told him: "You convict me of sin" and others came under the conviction of their sins and the factory had to close down for him to lead them to Christ.
If we must be partakers of the end-time revival, one thing is inevitable and it is the presence of God. Oh that God will soak us in the pool of divine presence and cause our lives to be saturated by the atmosphere of His presence and power. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment