Wednesday 6 March 2013

MY GREATEST MESSAGE

The greatest message I have had to preach has always been to myself with this text;
“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee” (1 Timothy 4:16).
Even when I may not win anyone for Him, but let it be that I won myself. Should no one decide to follow me to Heaven, let me get there myself first and above all. May I not be cumbered about 99 lost only to become lost myself...God forbid! So powerful a message it is that it convicts me and drives me on my knees with tears for mercy.
In the end, the most precious soul is not the drunkard in the bar, or the prostitute in the brothel or the sinner who refused to heed, but me. And for this, my song every day and motto is “Save thyself (Bukola), and them that hear you.” And so, not only do “I cease(d) not to warn every one night and day with tears” (Acts 20:31), I never cease to warn myself with tears also like Jesus “Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared” (Hebrews 5:7).
God, please help me take heed that even as I know that “for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthian 9:16), yet, will “I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway” (1 Corinthian 9:27).
So help me God...and my beloved reading this. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment