Wednesday 4 July 2012

THE 13TH MONTH DIARY OF GREAT MEN

THE 13TH MONTH DIARY OF GREAT MEN
(THE GREATNESS SERIES ONLINE WITH DR. BUKOLA WILLIAMS)
 I was looking for the real reason why the snail has a record (with the slug) as the slowest animal in the world. It goes through life with a pace that even the tortoise would boast of being better. Some answers were supplied with some people of the opinion that the snail is slow because “it has a heavy shell above it”, “because it has only one foot to walk on”, “because it has no legs”, etc. But none quite satisfy me, so I made up my own theory on why the snail is so record slow. Do you know that the slowness of the snail may not be unconnected to the fact that it sleeps for an average of 3 to 4 years at a stretch! No wonder it is slow, very vulnerable, and an easy catch. Too much sleep is an enemy of progress in life. The more you sleep the less your speed and the greater the chances of other people overtaking you in life.
 In my book titled THE 7 GREATNESS DIMENSION (coming soon), I highlighted something called MY 13TH MONTH DIARY in one of the chapters. I said every great man does something that sets him apart from others. For Jesus, while His disciples slept, He stayed awake and prayed. There are 12 months in a year, but some men have 13 months. It is not on any calendar. It is a summation of the time they create out of all their odd times, tired moments, nights put together. It is a sum of the extra hours that they have stayed awake and/or worked while others slept and/or played.
 THE 13TH MONTH DIARY is a product of all the time they created out of inconvenience and tightness of schedules. To some, odd times are the peaks of breakdown but to great men, they are the heights of breakthrough which become the birthplace of greatness, touchstone of glory and cornerstone of success.
 Many are wishing for extra days but still sleep 8 hours every day. You can create an extra day by mopping up odd times from your day. That extra day is your day...I call mine "Bukoladay". So I have Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Bukoladay...simply 8 days a week. I live literally on 8days a week. You will never find that on any calendar, but check my diary, it is my 8th day. Now, multiply my extra day by 4weeks in a month, you will have 4 extra days a month. Then multiplied by 12 months in a year gives 28 solid additional days, an equivalent of a February. This is my 13th month diary!
 Everyday we are faced with busyness but you can do business out of busyness. When I'm asked how I get time, it's a 13th month phenomenon. Maybe you too can learn to stop sleeping too much so that your speed would increase. Those tired moments you consider as odd times could become UP time. This is what the great men we know do...they don't have two heads. You too can speed up and become great. Don't be like the snail.

No comments:

Post a Comment